How Things Work at The A’nesis Intensive Marriage Retreat
You are required to take the Gottman Relationship Check-up BEFORE you attend your intensive. This evaluation will take you 60-90 minutes to complete. The Gottman Relationship Checkup not only automatically scores a couple’s strengths and challenges, but takes years off the time required to make headway in the counseling process. The cost for you as a couple is $29.00.
YOU MAY NOT ATTEND THE RETREAT IF THIS PIECE OF THE INTENSIVE IS NOT COMPLETED BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL.
Fully HIPAA compliant, the questionnaire consists of 480 questions about friendship, intimacy, emotions, conflict, values, and trust, as well as parenting, housework, finances, individual areas of concern, and more.
This relationship assessment relies on intensive, detailed, and evidence-based information on why relationships succeed or fail. Developed from over 40 years of scientific research by Dr. John Gottman, this relationship assessment tool relies on intensive, detailed, and evidence-based information on why relationships succeed or fail.
Click Here for a few Frequently Asked Questions about the Gottman Relationship Evaluation.
How does the Marriage Intensive Work?
Most couples have a hard time getting away for intensive therapy, even though that is usually what they need. The intensive format for marriage therapy is proven to be much more effective than 50 or 60-minute sessions. In marriages that have long-term conflict, affairs, or addictions, or when couples are separated or having seemingly unresolvable issues, the hourly sessions simply are just not an effective solution.
The five-day intensive is 21 hours total with Dr. Trudy. All sessions focus entirely on you and your marriage. On the first day, each person will meet for 30 minutes with Trudy. All other sessions are with both of you in session. THERE ARE NO GROUP SESSIONS – only the two of you are together in one room.
Day 1 | TUESDAY
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Assessments, In-take History, Covering Prayers to Restore the Broken Cord, 30 minutes individual time with Dr. Trudy
Day 2 | WEDNESDAY
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm: What is your 85%? Exploring individual brokenness brought into the marriage
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Begin Trauma Work
Day 3 | THURSDAY
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Letting go of the old marriage
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Continued Trauma Work
Day 4 | FRIDAY
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Continued Letting Go and Beginning Communication
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Continued Trauma Work
Day 5 | SATURDAY
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm- Gift and Calling, Communication Tools Summary and Plan for New Marriage
PREPARATION FOR THE MARRIAGE BOOTCAMP
- Complete the Gottman Relationship Online Evaluation before Arrival
EXPECTATIONS OF BOOTCAMP EXPERIENCE
- There must be a genuine intention of commitment to the restoration of the marriage (not preparation for divorce)
- Couples commit to participating in the trauma resolution techniques using Holy Spirit prayers combined with Muscle Response Testing
- Couples commit to exploring Bible verse work using their own Bibles
This is an intensive therapy program that incorporates many unique tools that “normal” counseling does not provide. This is not a “fluffy” experience. It will grow you not only in your marriage but also you will learn a lot about yourself personally.
“What a safe place for our marriage counseling! I felt totally at peace from the beginning. This far exceeded my expectations. I am so happy we did this!”
“Trudy is omnivorous and Spirit-led in her approach to counseling. We have seen counselors over the years and so many were on-trick phonies. Trudy draws from a wide variety of tools and training using the skills of an artist to bring amazing help to marriages. She was the most effective and powerful counselors I have had the privilege to work with…ever!”
Is this a Biblically-based program?
Trudy is a Level II Gottman-trained therapist and uses the Biblical Reference Guide for the Gottman Method so that all teachings for the process are Biblically sound. Trudy also has her Doctorate in Biblical Counseling and will always refer to God’s Word as the Source of her information.
Click Here for complete descriptions, durations, and costs for all individual intensive counseling sabbaticals with Dr. Trudy Johnson.